Friday 16 December 2016

Hampi Overview

Hampi is a fanatasy world of rocks and ruins. Its charm lies in the dullness; a story moving in the stillness.
My experience in Hampi has been a gradual journey through the rocks and ruins. The first couple of days were spent in seeing more than knowing from the perspective of a vacationist. Following that were days of researching, talking, seeing and knowing from informative perspective and the final couplet was spent as a local knowing all the streets, the people and visiting back and forth to sink into the history even more. Every experience in this place reminded me of connections with the most unexpected things and can be found in my following writings.
This city has so much more than rocks and temples. The only thing needed to see through is a deeper perspective. My journey is a book and every day is a page turned. With a new page is a new story. Hampi has temples,rocks, ruins, people,culture,art and countless stories to tell. I have been successful in getting a varied palette of experience from this land. For me, there has been a lot of learning through people,knowing history through carvings and gathering answers to my curiosity. It has been an ethereal experience to step into the land that has witnessed centuries of textbook history. I have seen much more than I went expecting but the highlight has been the way I experienced it - talking to strangers, re-visiting the same place more than even a local and the perseverance I learnt to gather stories.
At the end of my trip, I feel I have found the colors to paint Hampi where the world had left it grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment